Semifore to Exhibit at DAC 2021 in San Francisco
Company to present a winning methodology for design of the hardware/software interface and demonstrate latest technology
Palo Alto, California November 23, 2021 –
- Register management is the foundation of every chip
- Semifore will be presenting a winning methodology to handle register management for complex designs and build a correct-by-construction, robust hardware/software interface (HSI)
- Demonstrations of the latest tools from Semifore will also be available
- Semifore will be exhibiting at DAC booth 1409, Moscone West
Software engineers outnumber hardware engineers by 5X or more for a typical advanced semiconductor design. Complex software algorithms must control a growing array of specialized processors and accelerators to deliver a robust product.
The hardware/software interface (HSI) provides the technology for software to control this hardware and it forms the foundation of the entire design project. Semifore’s CSRCompiler™ system automates the creation of this foundation.
At DAC 2021, Semifore will present a winning methodology to develop a correct-by-construction, robust hardware/software interface. All aspects of the process will be addressed, including:
- Capture of design intent using existing standards such as IP-XACT, SystemRDL or spreadsheets
- The use of Semifore’s CSRSpec™ language, which picks up where standards leave off
- Extensive checks to ensure inputs are correct from a semantic and syntactic perspective
- Generation of all verified formats needed for the entire design team, including
- Synthesizable Verilog or VHDL
- C headers
- IEEE IP-XACT
- HTML web pages
- Word or FrameMaker documentation
Live demonstrations of the latest release of CSRCompiler will also be available.
To Book an Appointment at DAC
Semifore will be exhibiting at DAC 2021 in booth 1409 at Moscone Center West, San Francisco, CA from December 6-8. You can reserve a presentation and demo appointment in Semifore’s private suite by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your requested time slot and contact information.
Semifore Inc. provides the CSRSpec language and the CSRCompiler, a complete register design solution for hardware, software, verification, and documentation. Collaboratively manage your design from a single source specification. CSRSpec, SystemRDL, IP-XACT, or spreadsheet inputs generate: Verilog and VHDL RTL; Verilog, or C headers; Perl, IEEE IP-XACT, UVM, HTML web pages, and Word or FrameMaker documentation. Visit us at http://Semifore.com.